Denyse Peterson, owner of Virginia Yoga Therapy, LLC, is a caring, trustworthy yoga therapist and teacher who seeks to fully empower her clients as a fitness professional.
With more than thirty five years of extensive training, numerous certifications and teaching experience, she upholds a sterling reputation with the highest level of integrity and values all her client relationships.
Denyse works with clients to design therapeutic plans of care enabling clients to progress toward health and wellbeing by assessing breath, posture, movement and emotional balance. Due to COVID, there are no in person classes or sessions. All sessions will be conducted online.
Denyse is one of the first in the nation to receive a Master of Science degree in Yoga Therapy from Maryland University of Integrative Health. Denyse is registered with Yoga Alliance and a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. She has been a certified fitness professional for more than 35 years and teaching yoga for more than 15 years.
Her current certifications include:
- C-IAYT (Certified Yoga Therapist – International Association of Yoga Therapists)
- ERYT500 (Yoga Alliance Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher 500 hours)
- Certified Personal Trainer – National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Group Fitness Instructor – American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist – National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- CPR & AED – American Heart Association
Denyse is passionate about bringing yoga’s benefits to you and would be happy to speak with you should you have any questions or concerns.